Draeger manufactures safety products that protect, support, and save people's lives. For more than 125 years, Draeger has offered some of the most technologically advanced industrial safety equipment in the world.
As Washington's Draeger supplier, Ballard Industrial offers the largest portfolio of gas detection and respiratory protection from one manufacturer in the world. Our partnership with Draeger not only gives us direct access to their products, but also factory support and training that we are able to pass on to our customers.
Learn More About Draeger Safety Products
If you'd like to get more product information or request a quote, our Field Safety Specialist can help. Contact us today by filling out a brief contact form and our safety specialist will reach out shortly.
Portable Gas Detection
Draeger handheld gas detectors offer precise, reliable, and multi-functional measurement for over 256 toxic industrial chemicals. Personal gas detectors are used across a diverse range of applications like workplace monitoring, confined space monitoring, area monitoring, leak detection and more. The Draeger portfolio of handheld gas detectors contain single-gas and multi-gas detectors and gas detector tubes as well as calibration and calibration/bump testing equipment and software packages.
SINGLE GAS MONITORS
Single gas detectors, often called personal air monitors, are the right solution for monitoring only one hazardous gas. Due to their portability, single gas monitors can be easily carried on your work clothes.Single gas monitor standard features:
- Powerful & durable sensors
- User-friendly display and handling with clear labeling
- Weatherproof, shock-proof, chemical resistant housing
- 360 deg multi-function alarm
- Data and event logger for analyses and reports
- Long-lasting battery life
Dräger Pac® 6500
The robust Dräger Pac® 6500 is a reliable companion under tough conditions. The personal single-gas detection device measures CO, H2S, SO2 or O2 quickly and precisely. Quick sensor response times and a replaceable battery also ensure safety.
Dräger Pac® 8000
With the Dräger Pac® 8000, you will be well equipped for tough conditions. This non-disposable, personal single-gas detection device is a reliable and precise instrument, which detects hazardous concentrations of twenty-nine different gases. It performs especially well when detecting a variety of special gases. It can be fitted with sensors for carbon monoxide(CO), carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorine gas (Cl2), hydrogen cyanide (HCN), ammonia (NH3), Amines, Hydrogen (H2), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Mercaptan, Phosphine (PH3) and organic vapors (OV or OV-A). Nitric Oxide (NO), Ozone (O3), Phosgene (COCL2), Sulfur Dioxide (SO2).Dual sensors detecting more than one gas are available: H2S/CO, O2/H2S, O2/CO, CO/HCN.
Draeger multi-gas detectors can measure up to 7 hazardous substances at once - toxic and flammable gases, as well as vapors and oxygen. The portable multi-gas monitors are mainly intended for personal air monitoring but can also be used for clearance measurement in confined spaces (with special accessories) and even for area monitoring. Dräger X-am® series monitors are capable of both diffusion and pump operation.
Dräger X-am® 2500: 4-Gas Detector with Optional External Pump
Accurately detects O2, CO, NO2, SO2 and H2S and is the only 1-to-4 gas monitor you need in industrial and refinery applications. The X-am® 2500 combines reliable sensor technology with long battery life and intuitive operation in an instrument that defines safety. Additionally, it is Zone 0 Approved for user safety in areas subject to explosion hazard and is not sensitive to electromagnetic radiation.
Dräger X-am® 3500: 4-Gas Detector with Internal Pump
Especially designed for clearance measurements and personnel monitoring applications. This 1-to-4 gas detector reliably detects flammable gases and vapors as well as O2, CO, H2S, NO2 and SO2. The innovative signaling design and extensive range of accessories ensure optimum safety and easy handling.
Dräger X-am® 8000: 7-Gas Detector with Internal Pump
Clearance measurement and real time monitoring was never this easy and convenient. The X-am® 8000 measures up to seven gases, including toxic, flammable gases and vapors, plus oxygen all at once - either in pump or diffusion mode. Innovative signaling design and handy assistant functions ensure complete safety throughout the process.
CALIBRATION & BUMP TESTING
Functionality tests (bump tests) and calibration of gas detectors ensure the safe operation and proper function of gas monitoring equipment. Draeger’s bump test and gas monitor calibration portfolio enable you to carry out those tests easily and quickly due to reduced bump test gas consumption, short testing times, comprehensive documentation and evaluation.
Automatic bump tests and calibration along with reduced test gas consumption, short testing times, and comprehensive documentation come standard in this innovative device from Draeger.Features & Benefits
- Master controller station with intuitive touchscreen operation where up to three test routines can be configured.
- Testing is as simple as inserting your Draeger gas detection instrument and closing the lid. The X-dock® immediately detects all sensor combinations and automatically tests and adjusts when all the required test gases are connected.
- All generated data is documented and collected in the database where the X-dock Manager software produces detailed evaluation of the data and presents the information in various graphics and statistical models.
- Multiple X-dock® systems can be connected in a network giving all users access to data in a central database.
- X-Dock is available in multiple configurations to allow for flexibility, depending on the type of detection instrumentation being used. The X-dock® 5300 includes a master controller with a single module for an X-am or Pac single gas detector. The X-dock® 6300 and 6600 can be configured freely with up to 10 modules for a combination of multiple X-am® and Pac single gas detection instruments.
- With a significantly reduced gas flow per module, you save money on test gases. Shorter testing times reduce overall maintenance requirements.
- Increase productivity by testing multiple gas detection instruments simultaneously or independently of each other. Automatic bump testing also saves time with 8 to 15 second tests.
Draeger calibration gases are supplied in small, light, and recyclable cylinders, so calibration tasks and function tests can easily be carried out in the workshop or on-site. They provide single gases and gas mixtures of reliable, consistent quality and are specifically tailored to meet the requirements of Draeger gas measuring devices.
GAS DETECTION TUBES & SYSTEMS
Gas detector tubes are one of the classic measurement methods used for gas analysis. This versatile system can be used for numerous applications in industry, firefighting, disaster management, in the laboratory, for environmental protection and in many other areas.
The Draeger tube has been detecting poisonous carbon monoxide since the 1930s. In 1973, after the US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health successfully tested the quality of Draeger gas detection technology, US safety inspectors began using Draeger tubes as their official detection procedure.
Dräger-Tubes® for short-term measurements
Draeger tubes are glass vials filled with a chemical reagent that reacts to a specific chemical or family of chemicals. Detector tubes are a cost-effective, fast, and reliable way to measure toxic gases in the workplace. More than 200 different tubes are available for accurate spot measurements of over 500 gasses and vapors. Applications include determination of concentration peaks, measurement of exposures in the inhalation area, determination of possible leakages and analysis of air in sewers, shafts, tanks, or other confined spaces.
Accuro Hand Pump
The Accuro manual gas detector pump is used for spot measurements with Draeger tubes. The body of the pump consists of a bellows, which is pushed together and released drawing the gas sample to be measured through the tube. The pump is easy to operate with one hand allowing reliable measurements in situations where mobility is limited and in locations that are difficult to access.
As an instrument of choice for monitoring the purity of breathing air in the low-pressure range, the Dräger Aerotest® Alpha offers top quality. Determine the quality of breathing air supplied by a compressor or a compressed gas cylinder according to the applicable classification EN 12 021.
This system is fast and easy to use. With the plug connection, the measuring device connects to the compressed air supply system for easy monitoring and can be used independently of power supplies. In just five minutes, the quick check delivers a precise measurement result and communicates the degree of contamination.
Using Dräger Aerotest® Alpha, it is possible to reliably determine different potential pollutants such as carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydro steam, or oil in the compressed air flow. Optionally, the values can be determined simultaneously or individually.
Respiratory Safety Products
In many industrial facilities, employees must work in areas where hazardous substances are present, or where the level of oxygen and amount of toxic substances may change at any time. These health hazards can affect the lungs or cause disease - and in extreme cases, can even lead to death. Where toxic substances can't be completely controlled, respiratory protective equipment must be used. Draeger designs respiratory protection devices to help you put safety first, no matter the scenario.
If you need help in choosing the right respiratory protection, Ballard Industrial can help. If you already know what kind of respiratory protection you need, please review the categories below to get an idea of what we offer. Contact us for additional products and information.
SELF-CONTAINED BREATHING APPARATUS (SCBA) UNITS
Isolation devices provide reliable breathing protection on work sites where hazardous substances may exist, or with low oxygen levels. Draeger's light compressed-air breathing apparatuses are suitable for short periods of use and even as rescue devices in emergencies.
PSS® 3000 SCBA for Industrial Applications
A new generation of high-performing breathing apparatus for industrial applications. Combining comfort with exceptional performance, the PSS® 3000 is designed for applications where simplicity and ease-of-use are essential. Lightweight yet robust, and easy to wear, this advanced breathing apparatus provides the ultimate breathing protection.
- Proven air supply technology.
- Enhanced carrying system follows natural body contours providing improved stability, reduced back strain, stress, and fatigue.
- Air pressure and gauge hoses integrated into the carrying frame.
- Easily serviced with major components that are simple and quick to remove and re-assemble.
- Versatile system with interchangeable components like face masks, high/low pressure cylinders, radio devices and more.
POWERED AIR PURIFIED RESPIRATORS (PAPR)
Powered air purifying respirators (PAPR) protect your respiratory system against harmful particles and/or gases and vapors, provided that enough oxygen is present in the ambient air and the hazardous substance is known. Using a powered respirator, you have virtually no breathing resistance. You can use PAPR equipment with different breathing filters and headpieces such as full head respirators according to your individual application.
The X-plore® 8000 PAPR offers a new level of intuitive handling combined with intelligent electronics. The result is the high degree of personal protection you need to focus on the task at hand.
- Designed for daily use in tough environments with rubber protectors and high ingress protection (IP 65) against dust and water from any direction.
- Standard (4 hour) and long-life (8 hour) Li-ion battery options available.
- Protected air intake openings ensure that sparks or water coming from the front will not be sucked into the filter.
- Comfortable carrying system, hose connector with 360 degree click adaptor, and hoods designed for optimal airflow let you focus on the task at hand instead of your equipment.
- Designed to be practically maintenance free with fast and easy disassembly for cleaning.
- Modular design with a wide range of components for every application.
- Draeger Powered Air Purifying Respirator PAPR 8000
Additionally, the X-plore® 8000 is both safe and simple to use with self-explanatory operation that minimizes user error.
- APR unit recognizes connected headgear and automatically selects the correct minimum flow rate, avoiding leakages caused by insufficient flow rates.
- Optical sensor prevents use without the filter and supports the accurate display of the saturation of the particle filter.
- Plug-and-go exchange filter system.
- System is equipped with optical, acoustic, and vibrating alarms.
- Entire system uses uniform color codes on all exchangeable elements and an error-proof hose connector.
RESPIRATORY MASKS AND FILTERS
X-plore® 3300/3500 Twin Filter Half Masks
In conjunction with a wide assortment of filters and cartridges, both the X-plore® 3300 and 3500 series masks offer comfort and protection against particles, gases, and vapors. The X-plore® 3300 mask is an economical choice designed for short usage periods and low maintenance. If you require additional durability and protection along with extended usage, the X-plore® 3500 is the best option.X-plore® 3300/3500 Features
- Secure fit that does not interfere with eye protection. Three sizes available (S, M, L).
- Low-profile design provides an exceptional field of vision and good wearing characteristics for use under protective visors and leads to a longer wearable tolerance by the user.
- FlexiFit adjustable head harness provides comfort even under helmets and is easy to adjust for maximum stability and comfort.
- Innovative "DrägerFlex" TPE material is hypoallergenic and extra durable with excellent resistance and protection.
- Drop-down harness allows the mask to be removed from the face without removing head protection, by simply unclasping the neck fastener. While in the drop-down position, the face-seal portion of the mask remains against the body protecting against contamination.
X-plore® 5500 Twin Filter Full Face Mask
Whether in the chemical, metal, or automotive industries, ship building, maintenance, supplies, or disposal: The Dräger X-plore® 5500 full face mask is the right solution for environments where not only increased respiratory protection is required, but a clear vision is mandatory. Like the half-face masks, Draeger full-face masks are designed for use with the comprehensive X-plore® bayonet filter series to offer protection against particles, gases, and vapors.
X-plore® 5500 Features
- Double sealing frame with threefold sealing edges offers safe protection and a secure fit for almost all face shapes. The durable EPDM mask body ensures a great level of wearing comfort even during prolonged use.
- Comfortable 5-point harness ensures the mask is easy and quick to don. Additionally, the wide strap design prevents the development of pressure points on the head.
- Distortion-free lens with 180° wide angle guarantees a large field of view with excellent peripheral vision. Choose from impact-proof polycarbonate or scratch-proof and chemical-resistant Triplex glass.
- Simplified logistics with an inside barcode allows for ease of recording and servicing the mask inventory.
- Efficient ventilation system with separate interior half mask ensures a fog-free lens and unobstructed view.
X-plore® Bayonet Filters
The Dräger X-plore® Twin filter series sets the benchmark in comfort and use. The utilization of modern materials, coupled with an attractive design, guarantees maximum comfort and user acceptance. All filters and cartridges are NIOSH approved with Draeger’s full range of half and full-face masks.X-plore® Filter Features
- Filters are equipped with a secure and quick-release bayonet catch, providing easy guidance until they click into place.
- Off-center arrangement of the bayonet connections enables a wide and unobstructed field of view.
- Gas cartridges can be upgraded to operate as combination cartridges, by using various pad attachments or Dräger X-plore® Pure with an adapter. The additional particle filters can be replaced independently from the gas cartridge.
- Packaged in pairs, so only the required number of filters must be opened.
DISPOSABLE DUST MASKS
Breathe cool and stay safe with Draeger's innovative disposable respiratory masks.
The X-plore® 1300 and 1700 series N95 and R95 dust masks have different form factors but share many standard safety and comfort features in addition to options like odor control filters and exhalation valves. The X-plore® 1300 masks are also available in multiple sizes.Standard Features
- CoolSAFE filter material combines low breathing resistance and high filter performance, providing protection against fine dust and particles, according to NIOSH 42 CFR 84 protection levels N95 and R95.
- VarioFLEX continuous loop head harness is constructed from a stable, elastic textile strap that is easily donned and doffed, creating comfort with minimal pressure.
- Soft foam nose pads (N95) or large comfort sealing strips (R95) hold the mask effectively for a secure, comfortable seal across the nose.
- Color coded nose clips and valves help to quickly identify protection classes.
- Odor versions available with an active carbon layer to remove unpleasant nuisance organic odors below the permissible exposure limit (PEL).
- CoolMax exhalation valves relieve humid and warm exhaled air, preventing heat build-up underneath the mask, allowing you to stay cool.
- Pre-formed body with large interior volume for comfort and ease of speech (X-plore® 1300).
- Flat-folded body for space-saving storage and easy transport (X-plore® 1700).
- X-plore® 1300 masks are available in multiple sizes: Universal, S/M, M/L and XS (N95 only).